Skip to main content

Making extra money without the extra effort? Here's how!



As a busy Mummy of three with a small business taking up the minuscule moments of spare time I have when I’m not running errands, doing homework or refereeing squabbling youngsters/feeding the hungry hoard, over the summer months I came across a few ways to make some extra money without the hassle.  As any of you who know me will know, I’ve dabbled in MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) started my own crafts business and become quite the bargain hunter since becoming a stay-at-home Mum in 2015. Every little helps, right?

If you fancy a little extra pocket money in a month I urge you to read on! With Christmas looming the season of gift-giving and over indulgence like me you might not have wanted to make your already hectic life schedule that little bit more manic by taking on extra work, so can you really make extra money without the extra effort?

Here are a few pocket money makers I have been using over the past few weeks and getting to grips with which I have found successful in making an
extra income without the extra workload.

Enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions.

**Please note, some of these links are referral links.

1. Prolific Academic


Like what you see? Sign up as a Prolific participant HERE!


Prolific helps researchers find the participants they need for their studies. They have a very interesting range of studies available which will be offered to you based on your pre-screening answers. You will then receive payment for your completion of these studies.

I love the fact that you are aiding research! You can cash out to either paypal for a small fee, or circle which is free over £20. You can also choose to donate to your favourite charity, so if you are currently trying to fund raise, I would highly recommend this site!

My top tips for Prolific success are:

1.) Make sure you take the time to fill out all your prolific pre-screening questions when you sign up. This will take about 10 minutes but is vital for you being offered studies.
2.) Sign up to be a participant and not a researcher.
3.) Make sure you profile is always 100/100 – you can view this in your ‘dashboard’. If you are given more pre-screening questions make sure you fill them in.
4.) Download ‘Prolific Assistant’ to your desktop which will notify you of studies instantly as you are offered them. This is a chrome extension - there is also another similar extension called 'Distill' but I find that the Prolific Assistant works very well.
5.) If you can’t download prolific assistant, check in a few times a day whenever you are free. Occasionally you will be sent emails asking you to join a study but please do not rely on these it really takes you to keep checking in occasionally.



2. Swagbucks

 


Like what you see? Join Swagbucks HERE!

Swagbucks is another site that I have been having great success in. You can cash out to paypal, or you can redeem you ‘swagbucks’ for gift cards. Handy in the run up to the festive season!

Top tips:

1.) Complete your daily ‘to do’ list
2.) You can install swagbucks as your search engine to get some ‘search wins’
3.) Check in to the Swagbucks UK Facebook page around 6pm each night to find a ‘Swagcode’ you can use to redeem more swagbucks.
4.) If you have twitter, the Swagbucks UK twitter page runs an ‘ISpy’ event on Tuesdays, you are given clues to find in return for Swagbucks. Be quick however, it’s only open to a certain number of participants. These are normally released at 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm and 12am.
5.) The website often runs special features such as Swagboards, so keep a lot out on the website and their social media accounts for some handy hints on when these activities are available.

3. BeMyEye




Another interesting pocket money maker this time in the form of an app. Quick and easy to download, you can find it HERE! If you use this code you can earn up to a £1 bonus on your first mission: le3xqp (or click on the link above).


Assignments can be anything from online shopping studies from the comfort of your home, or to take photos of you nearest coffee shop to visiting a car sales showroom and taking photographs and introducing yourself - akin to a 'mystery shopper.' Each task has its own rules, you merely select a job to assign yourself to it and off you go. Follow the instructions, upload and be rewarded.




4. VoxPopMe  



Join VoxPopMe here!
http://bit.ly/2sw3i4q

Voxpopme is an app which you download. Once you fill in your information (and make sure you complete the surveys!) you will be sent questions in return for a 15-30 second video submission. Normally they range from 25p-£1 and you can cash out at £10. Not bad for a 30 second video!

5. Surveybods


Another great app that sends you surveys and polls and pays in points which turn into cash. You also earn tickets to be put into a prize draw to win cash and vouchers. If you would like to be referred send your email address HERE! by clicking the highlighted link or head to your app store to download.


6.YouGov

This is rather a slow burner, but you get points for answering surveys (normally sent daily however you can decide) and once you get to 5000 points you are paid £50. This can take several months but some people find it a lot quicker. You can join YouGov HERE!

7. Panelbase.net


Survey invitations of varying amounts - some can be different than your usual. Perhaps a product test, or to join an online community. I have known people to have been paid £75 or so for online assignments in this community so it is worth it. You can be screened out but I enjoy this one. Head over to Panelbase.net to create an account and join ( you need to answer profile questions, however you can answer these over time. The more you answer the more surveys you will be sent).


8. Enlightly

An app that asks questions and pays you cash for your answers. Head over to your app store to download.


9. VYPR


Another app where you are sent 'steers' to answer. Either in store (higher points) or on the move. Head over to the app store to download.


10. CitizenMe

Pays small amounts for answering questions much like enlightly. Head over to the app store to download.


11. PanelApp


You can download Panel App HERE to earn free gift cards and more!


12. Curious Cat


Surveys which award points and convert to cash, head to the app store to download.




  




I hope you get some use from this. I will be adding more in the near future! Stay tuned for more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couponing - how to save money from coupons.

I am sure you have probably heard of the American television shows 'extreme couponing,' but can you really make your coupons count in the UK? Here are a few helpful hints, tips and links if you are interested in saving more on your weekly shop. Extreme couponing Last year I was invited to 'like' the Extreme Couponing and Bargains UK group on Facebook. Click on the link above to head over to their main page to discover coupons, deals, competitions and more. They do also have a Youtube channel attached, a fantastic blog and some incredible guides to get you starting on your money saving. SuperSavvyMe I adore this website, I've used it for a few years now. Every now and again I've been accepted to be a product tester as part of their 'Savvy Circle' of brand ambassadors for several different products from shampoos to laundry products. There's a wealth of information on different things from smart shopping and money saving to home, lifestyle an

SMA Pro 6+months Follow-on Milk trial with TheInsidersIreland

Whilst most of my blog posts are on ways to make an extra income without the extra effort, I’ve recently been taking part in a few product trials at home which I have thoroughly enjoyed. One of which is my first product trial with a fantastic company called TheInsiders , a word of mouth review platform. I have four children, I have breastfed them all but normally make a switch to formula when they are older (mainly as I find I no longer have the time to express any longer). My youngest has been exclusively breastfed from birth,  and now at ten months still she refuses bottles and pacifiers, so when the opportunity came up to review SMA Pro 6+Months follow on milk  with TheInsiders, I immediately applied and was accepted. The trial takes place over a 6 week period so you can get a really good feel for the product and have plenty of time to talk to others about your experience of SMA Pro Follow-on Milk. Not long after being notified that I’d been accepted for the campaign, I re
It's been a while since I made a post about earning extra money, without the extra effort. I work from home, I create and manage a website and social media accounts for a commercial vehicle dismantler, and have my own small crafts business LAPapercuts . I've four young children, 6 and under (my youngest is just 11 months old), I keep a house and all the inbetween and I still find time in the small minutes of the day to earn some extra money in this way. It really is virtually effortless for me now, but you really need to find out what works for you! What works for one person may not suit another. Here is a list of my absolute favourite apps and sites which can help earn you a little pocket money. I do have several others that I will dip in and out of, but these are the ones I use regularly: Panelbase.net Through Panelbase.net I've had not only surveys which earn you a designated amount, I've had product trials (where you earn money for testing products), I'